Cofanetto con bicchiere da grappa con dedica al capitano Graziani Ferdinando

€2,650.00
No tax
Quantity
Last items in stock

Important relic of the Italian Expeditionary Corps in Upper Silesia.

It is a crystal mug, a grappa mug with a gold rim engraved with a dedication 
to Captain Graziani Ferdinando. Captain Graziani was an officer of the Italian Expeditionary Corps in Upper Silesia,
an expeditionary force of the Royal Army sent to Upper Silesia after the end of the First World War. Following the Treaty of Versailles, the inter-allied Commission sent an expeditionary
force made up of French, Italian and English troops to Upper Silesia on 11 February 1920,
which at that time was still disputed between Germany and Poland; this expeditionary
force had the task of preventing violence between the German majority and the Polish
minority while waiting for a plebiscite to sanction who would be assigned the region. The area had been marked by clashes between the German Freikorps and Polish military units. The Italian Expeditionary Corps made up of about 3,000 soldiers remained in the area
from 1920 to 1922 and was commanded by General Alberto de Marinis Stendardo; the Italian
contingent was divided between the cities of Gross Strehelitz, Leobschutz, Ratibor and Cosel,
where the headquarters were. After the plebiscite in favor of Germany, on May 4, 1921, 25 Italian soldiers were killed
in clashes with the Polish rebels and 57 wounded were injured. The Italian contingent was withdrawn on July 9, 1922, in the two and a half years of the
mission 50 Italian soldiers were killed and about 100 wounded.
 
1 Item